Rentlytics is looking for a Controller to own all areas of work related to accounting, financial reporting, treasury, and financial operations (including AR, AP, and expense management). You will use your deep accounting expertise to bring our currently outsourced accounting functions in-house, implement accounting and billing solution integrations with our core systems, develop an in-house accounting team, and ultimately own all policies, procedures, and systems related to accounting and financial reporting. In building out our accounting team you will be a "player-coach", leveraging strong fundamental accounting skills with leadership experience to push the department to a higher level as the business grows. Exceptional candidates will have experience scaling the accounting function in a rapidly growing B2B Saas startup. You will report to the VP of Finance.
Rentlytics is a venture-backed rapidly-growing team of 45 people focused on solving the core challenges of the multifamily real estate industry: making informed and data-driven decisions in a landscape of fragmented and siloed software platforms. The Rentlytics Business Intelligence platform brings all the data portfolio operations data into one place, and makes this data easy to analyze, share, and act on. The Rentlytics Renovation Manager system is your workflow, management, and analytics tool for tracking your renovation projects and success. Join us in revolutionizing the multifamily ecosystem.
- Help to plan and direct the implementation and operation of accounting systems that automate the billing and accounting processes and move the business out of Excel; be a super-user on these systems and train other users / determine best-practices
- Own and lead the Accounting function, including daily accounting operations, tax, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and general ledger
- Plan, control and direct corporate accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures
- Manage and ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial-statement close and reporting
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting for management team reviews, board meetings, and investor presentations, including budget variance, performance to plan, sales, earnings, and cash balance reporting.
- Own local, state, and federal government tax and business filings and requirements
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and systems to scale Accounting with business growth; lead the creation and maintenance of related documentation
- Post all required monthly journal entries, reconcile accounts as required, and oversee cash position; manage bank transition and any credit covenants
- Recruit, develop, and retain a strong Accounting team capable of effectively scaling w business growth
- Hungry and ambitious
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting roles in both public accounting and startup environments
- Strong understanding of GAAP and technical accounting
- Experience in high-velocity SaaS startups environment with revenues up to $50M; a strong understanding of SaaS accounting and metrics
- Certified Public Accountant
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; strong experience with Excel and related tools
- Experience building out accounting processes & procedures
- Experience reconciling Salesforce data with accounting systems a plus